30 before 30?
bucket lists…we all have them…maybe we don’t all have them written down, but at least we have mental notes of things we’d like to experience right?
well, i saw a cute one somewhere that was based on the age of the person…i think it was 28 things for her 28th birthday. i hate to admit, i will be 29 this year, yikes. that doesn’t leave me much time to do much in my 28th year. so, i figured i would take a bigger leap, and make my list 30 things to do before i am 30.
i thought it would be hard to come up with 30 things, but on the contrary, as i approached 30, i started rethinking some of my previous items, because i wanted more room to add newer things, lol. i also came to the sad realization that i probably won’t travel outside of the country for example, in just a year and a half. therefore, i am just going to make this a general bucket list. boring, i know, but it’s the thought that counts right?
i do, however, want to read 30 NEW books before turning 30. i used to be such an avid reader, but somehow arts and crafts have slowly taken over. on my recent trip to maryland i finished a book and got a good ways into a 2nd, so it is possible, if i slow down and make time to read. i once started trying to document all the books i have read on shelfari and goodreads, but it took way too long, and i don’t think i ever did end up remembering all of them. i think i listed about 80 on goodreads, and about 60 on shelfari, so 140 altogether? i have quite the collection on my kindle and bookshelves at home too, so i can probably say i’ve read over 200 books. wow. i’m a nerd. haha.
anywho…here are both of the lists…please feel free to share your bucket lists and for sure i will be needing some book suggestions! 🙂
“30 before 30”
- ride in a hot air balloon ( i really wanted to be proposed to in one, but brian said no. boo!)
- see another musical, or even better, see a show on broadway
- go line dancing/square dancing
- travel outside of the country
- go scuba diving
- go sailing
- relearn vietnamese
- learn to play the guitar
- swim with dolphins or manatees
- swim in a waterfall
- attend a colts game
- attend a ufc fight
- climb the statue of liberty
- visit coney island boardwalk
- attend a beer fest
- acquire a taste for wine
- paint a set of russian nesting dolls
- read 30 books before i’m 30, including a book of poetry and analyze it (running list is on my other blog here)
- take more classes both art and academic
- have a pet dog
- attend a retreat…creative, spiritual, or otherwise
- volunteer more
- get at least one piece of art published
- win a blogger award
- see the blue man group
- get a tarot card reading or get my astrological chart made
- ride a train
- stay at a fancy hotel
- complete a scrapbook for myself
- complete a quilt for myself